Activity Director/ Social Worker
- Full Time
- Life Enrichment/Activity Director
New Hampton Nursing & Rehab
703 South Fourth Avenue
New Hampton, IA, US
- More Information
New Hampton Nursing & Rehab is seeking a full-time Activity Director. The Activity Director/Social Worker is responsible for planning and implementing an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests of each tenant. Programs will encompass physical wellness, lifelong learning, social interaction, sensory stimulation, spiritual connectedness, creativity, and the promotion of fun and purpose. This position will report directly to the Administrator and may require some weekend and evening activities.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing a monthly calendar of activities
- Leading group and individualized activities
- Encouraging and building tenant participation in activities
- Assisting with a monthly tenant council meeting
- Organizing and scheduling community events
- Managing an activity budget
- Recruit and supervise volunteers
- Complete activity component assessments
- Post activities and special events on social media outlets
- Maintain a current Activity Director Certification via the State of Iowa
Questions may be directed to Jessica or Scott at 641-394-4153.
We are an equal opportunity employer.