From the Administration
As a reminder, the facility is now offering outdoor visitations. We are thankful we have been able to see more of you over the last week and a half since this has begun! It has been a long time coming and we have missed each of you very much.
To remind everyone of the new policies, I have attached the information that was shared in our visitation letter dated July 16, 2020.
- Visitations must be scheduled: To schedule a visit and/or to review visitation hours please go to www.calendly.com/nhnrc01 for New Hampton Nursing & Rehabilitation Center and for Kensington Place Assisted Living please visit www.calendly.com/kpal01 click on 'Outdoor Visits' and this page will then direct you on how to complete the scheduling. We ask that everyone scheduling a visit to please communicate with other family members so visits can be limited to one visit per resident per week to ensure all residents and families can see their loved ones. If issues arise regarding scheduling, please contact 641-394-4153 for New Hampton Nursing & Rehabilitation Center and 641-394-3316 for Kensington Place Assisted Living for assistance.
- Screening: Upon arrival, visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19. Staff will check a temperature and ask a series of questions regarding symptoms. A log will be kept of visits.
- Visits: Visitation areas will be set up to allow for 6 feet of social distancing. Visitors must wear a mask for the duration of the visit. Residents and tenants will be asked to wear a mask as tolerated. Hand sanitizer must be used at the beginning and end of the visit. Visitation areas will be disinfected between visits. The following guidelines have been set.
- Visitors are required to be 16 years of age or older.
- Two adults can visit with one resident.
- All visits will take place in the facility Gazebo.
- 15 minute visiting periods.
We ask that you monitor for signs and symptoms of respiratory infection for at least 14 days after you visit. If symptoms occur, self-isolate at home, contact your healthcare provider, and immediately notify the facility of the date you were in the facility, the idividuals you were in contact with, and the locations within the facility you visited.
The facility will continue to keep you updated regarding any changes to our visitation policy.
For those of you who do not know, later this month my husband and I will be welcoming our first child into the world! I will be out on maternity leave following the birth of our child and will plan to return to work sometime in November. There will be many individuals that will be available to assist you during my absence, so please continue to contact the facility at 641-394-4153 regarding any questions and/or concerns you may have.
Hayley & Tessa