From the Administrator
We are grateful to inform our family and friends that we have once again reviewed and updated our visitation policy! Please see below updated information regarding visitation in addition to our current Outdoor and Compassionate Care visits. This information was sent today to each resident and tenants responsible party.
The facility may conduct indoor visitations with the following guidelines being followed:
- By appointment only,
- To schedule a visit for NHNRC, please call 641-394-4153, for Kensington Place, please call 641-394-3316, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Appointments are available Monday through Sunday, including day and evening appointments with the exception to meal service times.
- Visitors must be screened and observed for symptoms of COVID-19 and screened for recent exposure to COVID-19, wear a mask, complete hand hygiene, and maintain 6 feet social distance from residents and staff.
- If the resident is fully vaccinated (14 days have passed since the 2nd dose of COVID-19 vaccination) they can choose to have close contact (including touching) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand hygiene before and after.
- Visitations will be limited to 3 visitors per appointment and length of these visits will be limited to 30 to 60 minutes to ensure all individuals have the opportunity for visitations.
- No age restrictions.
- Children over the age of 2 shall comply with CDC recommendations of wearing a well fitting mask.
- Visitors must go directly to and from designated visiting area and must maintain 6 feet social distancing from residents and staff members.
- Visits for residents who share a room will not be conducted in the room unless the health status of the resident prevents them from leaving the room.
- These individuals may have visits in a designated visiting area with an adequate degree of privacy.
- Pets are discouraged unless they are a service animal.
Please note, that outdoor visits are still the preferred method of visitation (weather permitting). Also, when a new case of COVID-19 among residents or staff is identified, all indoor visits, excluding compassionate care visits, will be suspended pending completion of the first round of outbreak testing.
We cannot wait to see all our family and friends that we have missed so much!