June is National Safety Month. Safety is one of the most important aspects of keeping people in their homes as long as possible. Here are some safety tips to follow to help prevent falls and increase your overall safety at home:
- Wear shoes with good support that fit correctly
- Have good lighting, especially when you get up during the night
- Remove trip hazards such as throw rugs and clutter
- Make sure you are taking the appropriate medication on time
- Wear a lifeline if needed and have important numbers clearly visible
Therapy can perform home safety assessments and further education in these areas!